Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pit Stop

You never know what you'll find on a road trip!
Upon my last trip to Death Valley, we happened upon snow, and lots of it! Hard to describe how excited I was, but once I got some snow angels in and a good romp through the snow, I grabbed my camera. I am unsure as to what exactly this tiny brick "building" is or who it was dedicated to, because if you look closely, the water surrounding it was frozen over with a thin layer of ice. Perhaps I'll happen upon it again some day and find out for sure.

2 comments:

  1. sometimes there are shelters along hiking trails. could be one of those.
    If you were on part of the PCT that's most likely what it is. -CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info CB!
    Not quite sure if it was an actual "trail" or not. I do know it was dedicated to somebody, as it had a brass etching of a man's head, but because of the thin ice we weren't able to get close enough.
    What trails do you normally hike out there?

    ReplyDelete